The Amgen Scholars Programme, in cooperation with the clinics, centers, departments and institutes at the LMU, especially with the Munich Center for Neurosciences - Brain and Mind, the Helmholtz Center Munich, the Technical University Munich, the Max-Planck Institutes of Biochemistry, Neurobiology and Psychiatry will advance European efforts to create balanced top-level educational opportunities across Europe by supporting the mobility and networking of academics at a very early stage.
The local program site is the LMU Campus for life-sciences in Martinsried where many high-level research institutions are situated: the Biocenter LMU, the LMU University Clinic Großhadern, the Gene Center, the Technical University Munich, the Max-Planck-Institutes of Neurobiology and Biochemistry as well as the Innovation Center for Biotechnology. Over the last years, a tight research network has developed, that attracts top scientists and graduate students from all over the world. The Amgen Scholars Programme complements this by giving undergraduates the chance to be part of this exciting research environment for approximately 10 weeks.
The Amgen Scholars programme is also available at four other universities in Europe and two in Japan. Details of the other programmes can be found here.
We would like to acknowledge the generous support of the Amgen Foundation.
- Prof. Dr. Benedikt Grothe, Chair of Neurobiology, LMU Munich
- Lena Bittl, Programme Coordinator, GSN-LMU
- Prof. Dr. Oliver Behrend, Managing Director, MCN-LMU
- Dr. Peter Hanns Zobel - CEO IZB
- Prof. Hans van Ess - Vice President for International Affairs
- Dr. Stefan Lauterbach - Director, LMU International Office
- Bernd Hilker - International Office LMU
- Kai Wede - Director, Munich International Summer University LMU